BRIEF PROJECT PROFILE
Instruction: Preventative Maintenance Plan
Experience Gained: Construction Type, Inspection, Preventative Maintenance Plan, Budget Costing
- To compile a preventative maintenance plan identifying maintenance and repairs required to the building fabric over the next ten years. The report covered common areas and works that the landlord is obliged to undertake.
- The property comprises 69 – 71 Albion Street, Leeds; a mixture of retail and office accommodation. The property is modern in appearance, and comprises four storeys, with an additional section extending to a fifth storey to the rear of the property. The original building is of concrete frame construction; however, additional steel frames have been incorporated into the construction during the refurbishment process. The front facade is clad full height with polished granite panels affixed to the concrete frame of the building. Windows are set back and incorporated within reveals in the original frame at each storey. Ground floor fenestrations are tenant specific with Barclays Bank having a featured curved curtain wall entrance and the Greggs retail unit having an independent shop front.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Undertake an inspection of the building identifying the construction type and the nature of various elements.
- Identify the current defects and recommend possible remedies as well as provide budget costs to remedy the defects.
- Report on the various elements of the building; providing advice as to the elements expected life span; providing recommendations and budget cost information.
- Liaise with the mechanical and electrical engineer in order to obtain a report on the buildings services
- The Landlord used the report in order to form future budgets and plan future maintenance works.
- Following the issue of the report the Landlord requested the immediate works where undertaken having budgeted for the works identified.
- Advise on future investigations.